There are many activities in Riva, but this image sideshow highlights my favorite eight as a student studying abroad.
1. Virginia Tech Steger Center: This massive home host Hokies who come during the year to study abroad.
2. Mountain Views: Admire the mountains and the architecture of Riva San Vitale, Switzerland from the garden of the Steger Center.
3. Basketball: Shoot some hoops at the local elementary school across the street from the Steger Center to take a break from studying or working.
4. Grocery Store: Sweet treats, chips, and delicious snacks can be found at the grocery store within a five-minute walk from the Center.
5. Lake Lugano: Admire the beauty of Lake Lugano by taking a five-minute bike ride or walk from the Steger Center.
6. Gelato: Caffe Chicco D’oro is located in front of the train station and has gelato, chips, refreshing drinks, and more.
7. Train: Capolago-Riva San Vitale train station can be the start of your adventures around Europe. Catch a 15-minute train ride to see Lake Lugano from a different perspective in the city of Lugano.
8. Alberto: Locals of Riva San Vitale will make this temporary home more comfortable. Meet Alberto at Bar Ticino and have a drink. It’ll be one of the best decisions you make.